Slip & pedestrian safety testing
ATTAR offer a range of testing services relevant to pedestrian safety, disability access and building code requirements. On-site testing of buildings and facilities is undertaken, as well as testing of new products in the laboratory.
ATTAR was one of the first companies in Australia to provide slip testing and has maintained NATA laboratory accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025 for this testing for over 20 years.
We help you
Assess compliance of pedestrian precincts
We help you
Certification for flooring and related products
We help you
Calibrate floor testing equipment
Who do we help?
- Building and facility managers (public facilities, commercial buildings and private property)
- Manufacturers and importers of flooring products
- Legal testing services
- Parties seeking testing for legal purposes
Why do clients choose us?
- Independent advice and decades of experience
- Rapid response and turnaround
- Skilled and highly qualified technical personnel
- NATA accreditation to ISO 17025
- We back our knowledge by offering expert witness services
- Slip resistance by wet pendulum (‘P’ rating) to AS 4663 Appendix A
- Slip resistance by dry floor friction to AS 4663 Appendix B
- Interior illumination to AS 1680.0
- Exterior illumination to AS/NZS 1158.0
- Contrast (luminance) testing to AS 1428.1 Appendix B5 (Building elements) and AS 1428.4.1 Appendix E5 (tactile indicators)
- Stairways and balustrading physical measurements to National Construction Code (NCC) requirements
- Slip resistance by wet pendulum (‘P’ rating) to AS 4586 Appendix A
- Slip resistance by dry floor friction to AS 4586 Appendix B
- Wet Barefoot Inclining Platform to AS 4586 Appendix C
- Oil Wet Inclining Platform (‘R’ rating) to AS 4586 Appendix D
- Contrast (luminance) testing to AS 1428.1 Appendix B3 (Building elements) and AS 1428.4.1 Appendix E3 (tactile indicators)
- Accelerated Wear Assessment to determine slip resistance at abrasion cycle intervals to simulate the effects of wear
- Pendulum tester calibration to BS 7976.3 (as specified in AS4586 and AS4663)
- Tortus tester performance checking to meet AS 4586 and AS 4663
Get in touch
Choosing the right partner to assure compliance of your products and facilities, can save you time, money and relieve you of unnecessary legal liability. Get in touch today to discover how ATTAR can help you reach and demonstrate compliance quickly and effectively.