Property compliance & risk assessment
ATTAR offers a range of compliance and risk assessment services to identify foreseeable hazards affecting users of buildings and facilities and to address legislative requirements. A range of testing protocols, both qualitative and quantitative, are available to support the compliance assessment process.
ATTAR also assists clients that require incident investigation and can supply experienced expert witnesses that specialise in areas of property risk and compliance.
We help you
Demonstrate legislative compliance
We help you
Mitigate risk exposure
We help you
We provide comprehensive incident investigations, identifying both the failure mechanism (the ‘how’) and the root cause (the ‘why’), by means of specialised inspection and testing of the physical environment.
Who do we help?
- Building and property owners (private property, public facilities, commercial buildings)
- Providers of facility management services
- Parties seeking technical support for legal purposes
Why do clients choose us?
- Independent advice and decades of experience
- Rapid response and turnaround
- Skilled and highly qualified technical personnel
- NATA accredited (ISO 17025) for on-site slip assessments for over twenty years
- ATTAR has supplied expert witness services in the Magistrates, County, Supreme, District, Federal and Coroners Courts as well at VCAT.
- Slip/fall incident investigation and expert witness services: Provision of an Expert Witness Report following an incident, based on expert on-site inspection and measurement of all relevant parameters.
- Slip testing: Testing of flooring surfaces in accordance with AS 4663, Handbook SA HB 198 and National Construction Code (NCC) requirements. Accelerated Wear testing to assess the ability of a floor or walkway surface to maintain slip resistance properties.
- Pedestrian movement evaluation: Assessment of pedestrian precincts for pedestrian slip, trip and fall hazard identification as well as disability access/mobility issues.
- Stairways and balustrading assessment: Physical measurements and related verifications in order to establish compliance with the National Construction Code (NCC) requirements.
- Lighting and contrast assessment: Testing for luminance contrast in relation to building elements, stair nosing, tactile ground surface indicators (TGSI) and disability access surfaces to assess compliance with AS 1428 and National Construction Code (NCC) requirements. Evaluation of interior illumination in accordance with AS 1680 and exterior illumination in accordance with AS/NZS 1158 in order to assess compliance and to examine contributing factors for accidents which may have occurred.
Get in touch
In addressing risk, you need a trusted partner that will provide dependable, objective, and actionable information. Contact us to discover how ATTAR can help you achieve your goals quickly and effectively.