Analysis and testing services
ATTAR provides a wide range of materials and mechanical testing and analysis services. Using advanced techniques and test equipment, ATTAR is equipped to identify material compositions and verify material properties of metals, polymers, composites and ceramics. ATTAR is also equipped to conduct product testing, either to relevant Australian and international Standards or for comparative purposes.
We help you
ATTAR can help you identify the most relevant regulations and standards for your product and conduct testing to demonstrate compliance.
We help you
Identify foreign materials
ATTAR can help you identify contamination found within your product and it is likely origin.
We help you
ATTAR can help you verify your supplier’s quality using a suite of materials and mechanical tests to ensure they are supplying what they say they are.
Why do clients choose us?
- Microscopy services: Low and high magnification imaging, identification of wear mechanisms, corrosion mechanisms, surface damage, coatings, weld macros.
- Metallurgical services: Identification of microstructural phases, grain size, precipitates, defects, porosity, coating thickness.
- Fractography: Determination of failure mode, and fracture surface features.
- Chemical analysis: Determination of chemical composition of metals and polymers, identification of foreign particulates and contamination, compositional mapping.
- Thermal analysis: Determination of polymer melting point, glass transition temperature, degree of crystallinity, degree of cure, polymer purity, oxidation resistance and melt flow index.
- Mechanical properties: Determination of material stress – strain relationship, yield stress, tensile strength, elongation after fracture, breaking load, flexural strength, compressive strength, bending stiffness and weld acceptance.
- Hardness Testing: Determination of material hardness across the Brinell, Rockwell, Vickers, Micro-Vickers and Shore hardness scales.
- Adhesive Pull Off Testing: Determination of adhesion strength of adhesives and coatings.
- Taber Abrasive Wear Testing: Determination of wear index of fabrics and coatings.
- Weld Testing and Qualification: Examination, procedure and specification development, welder qualification assessments.