ATTAR has been providing independent engineered consulting services to industry, government bodies including Workcover in Victoria. SA and NSW, loss assessors, insurance companies and law firms for over three decades servicing building, road and rail transport, aviation, petrochemical, mining and minerals refining, food and beverage industries. We provide reports in which our emphasis is on maintaining both the logical chain of evidence and objectivity. To assist clients in understanding our reports we provide information not jargon. If necessary we act as expert witnesses but our aim is to provide an understanding of the issues so that any issues may be quickly resolved.
We have presented evidence in the Magistrates, County, Supreme, District, Federal and Coroners Courts as well as at VCAT.
We have produced thousands of reports covering:
- Slip, trip and fall incidents in shopping centres, public buildings, on ships, trains and trams. We are NATA accredited for the full range of slip resistance testing to AS4586 for new products and AS 4663 for in-service products.
- Motor vehicle incidents including failure of all components from glass through plastics and rubber tyres to metallic engine and drive chain components.
- Rail transport equipment operation, including train derailment.
- Ladder incidents involving ladder collapse and inappropriate use as well as compliance testing to AS/NZS 1892.
- Faulty building materials, including floors such as vinyl, timber, ceramic tiles, concrete and terrazzo.
- Engine failures in ships, cars, buses and trucks.
- Aircraft, both fixed and rotary winged.
- Failure of adhesives in the building, swimming pool and packaging industries.
- Plastic fittings failure such as large diameter storm water PVC systems, extruded Perspex, hospital fittings and failure
- Manufacturing plant failures resulting in personal injury, such as presses.
- Manual handling personal injuries eg lifting crates
- Tiling failures in car parks, shops, shopping centres, airports public thoroughfares and swimming pools
- Lifting equipment failures including EWP’s, fixed and mobile cranes and their support structure.
- Non-destructive testing failures on welds, aircraft, rail track, pressure vessels, amusement rides, etc
- Telephone case failure that required extensive mechanical testing to verify fatigue resistance.
- Welder qualification that includes assessment both destructively and non-destructively of the weld. NATA accredited for this service
- Weld failure on bar stools, clothes racks, trucks, bicycles, cranes and many more pieces of industrial equipment.
- Glass failure in public buildings, homes, offices and motor vehicles.
- Plumbing failures in apartments towers, offices, public buildings and homes.
- Material identification of contamination in foods and sanitary goods by EDS in our scanning electron microscope.
- Amusement rides failures
- Corrosion in brick kilns, industrial food processing equipment, swimming pools, roof cladding, waste water facilities, and metallic plumbing systems.
- Wind tower component failures including bolt, motors and fibreglass blades.
- Failure in fibre composite materials such as EWP booms and acid storage tanks
- Failure of engineered stone including granite monuments and marble in bench tops
- Assessment of structural materials properties after fire exposure.
Our consultants include:
Dr Gary Martin MIEAust CPEng NER RPEQ CMatP
Chairman and Engineering Director
More than 30 years experience
Engineered materials, Slip trip and fall incidents, NDT.
Dr Adrian Grosvenor MIEAust
General Manager (Engineering Consulting) & Principal Engineer
13 years experience
Engineered materials, including large engines and motor vehicle components
David Padfield BEng (Mech) Hons
Senior Materials & Testing Engineer
16 years experience
Engineered materials, Slip trip and fall incidents
Dr Margarita Vargas BEng (Mech) Hons, FIEAust, D. App. Sci.
Senior Consulting Engineer
10 years experience
Mechanical and corrosion issues
Daniel King BEng(Mats) Hons BSci (Mats Sci & Chem), Monash University
Materials and Testing Engineer
8 years experience
Engineered materials failure analysis including tiling on floors and walls, slip trip and fall incidents
Dr Darren Cram MIEAust
Materials and Testing Engineer
6 years experience
Engineered materials failure analysis and materials identification, corrosion issues
Marcus Brache Cert IV Engineering
Senior Engineering Technician
19 years experience
Slip, trip and fall incidents